Importing Into Australia - Useful Links
- Australian Customs Service
- Department of Agriculture and Water Resources (DAWR)
Austrade is a very useful website for exporters which we refer to periodically, it allows the user to research a specific country in order to view the country overview and also their import requirements.
- In order to view a specific country, it’s economy, statistics, taxation and customs related matters click on : http://www.austrade.gov.au/Country/default.aspx
- Customs Brokers and Forwarders Council of Australia
- Department Federal Roads and Safety
If you are thinking of importing a motor vehicle or motorcycle, your first point of contact should be the following website :
- Free Trade Agreements
This website is a highly invaluable website as it provides importers and exporters with detailed information of the Free Trade Agreements and those specific countries that have chosen to trade with Australia on this basis.
- Australian Government Anti-dumping Commission:
If the goods you are importing appear exceedingly cheap, they may be subject to dumping duty, a high fee imposed at the time of importing or later.
For items under review for dumping, go to: http://www.adcommission.gov.au/measures/Pages/default.aspx
- Freight and Trade Alliance
FTA represents a cross-section of international freight logistics and import/export trade entities forming an influential advocacy alliance. For more industry information, visit: